Membership Has Its Benefits
The North Tampa Bar Association is a nonprofit professional organization that caters to the legal community throughout the Carrollwood area.
Our members include judges and attorneys. In addition, we have affiliate members who provide services to attorneys and our community. We are about 100 strong and our members enjoy a variety of professional networking events and luncheons, continuing legal education credits, and quarterly social activities. Members have the opportunity to build their client list, find colleagues in our online directory, and build relationships with others in the legal community.
So, our association provides the opportunity for the law student about to graduate, the lawyer who is new in the community, or the business owner who wants to stay connected with the local legal community, to join our current members and start making those important connections.
The NTBA has many benefits including, but not limited to, the following:
- Monthly luncheon meetings at the Carrollwood Country Club (currently Zoom meetings due to COVID) at Noon on the second Thursday of each month.
- Continuing legal education speakers at most of our monthly meetings which enables our lawyers to earn one (1) credit hour towards CLE requirements.
- Periodic social events and get-togethers. These have included the annual holiday party, and complimentary socials at such venues as Michael’s Grill, Villagio Cinema, BallyHoo and other local venues.
- Holiday charity program.
- Annual holiday party.
- List-serve for the sharing of cases and ideas among member attorneys.
- A monthly round-table for all attorneys to meet and discuss legal issues affecting their practice. This takes place the third Thursday of each month at the Carrollwood Country Club from 12:00 to 1:00 pm. Complimentary appetizers and soft drinks are included. An option to order lunch at the country club is available. (Currently held virtually due to Covid 19)
- Inclusion in the NTBA’s website with a direct link to each member’s own website.